Dulcinea Pitagora holds a Master of Arts (MA) in Psychology from the New School for Social Research, a Master of Social Work (MSW) from New York University, a Master of Education (MEd) from Widener University, and is an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist (CST) and doctoral candidate at Widener University's PhD program in clinical sexology. Pitagora has a practice in New York City that includes individual, couples/dyads, and multi-partner therapy. Pitagora's practice is person-centered and strengths-based, focuses on self-determination and empowerment, and is LGBQ, trans, poly, and kink affirmative. Pitagora is an adjunct professor of sexual health at New York University; has published articles in peer-reviewed journals; and presented at conferences on the topics of alternative sexuality and gender diversity. Pitagora conducts research, lectures, and seminars pertaining to these communities; is the founder of ManhattanAlternative.com, an alternative lifestyle affirmative provider listing; and is a co-organizer of the AltSex NYC Conference and the Sexuality Speaker Series. Pitagora is Kink Doctor in the Web series by the same name.
Posts by Dulcinea Pitagora:
- Your Guide to Finding a Doctor Who Is an LGBTQ+ Ally
- Cross-post: Dasya Yoga—Self Development Through Surrender and Pain
- Summer Personal Training Specials Are Here!
- Legal Update: Immigrant Rights
- Gender Inclusive Terms for Sexual Health, Pregnancy, and Birth
- De-stigmatizing Grief
- Sword Class NYC: A Safe Place To Be Fierce
- The Kink-Poly Confluence, part 2
- The Kink-Poly Confluence, part 1
- All Oppression Is Connected